No more Radeon HDMI audio on Fedora 18?

John Reiser jreiser at bitwagon.com
Thu Dec 13 18:09:30 UTC 2012

> The audio output in pavucontrol can be dynamically moved
> between my internal audio / speaker and the HDMI TV, the
> internal audio produces sound while the TV does not.

One of the problems that I had was the Configuration tab
displayed by pavucontrol had "Profile: Off" instead of
"Profile: Digital Stereo (HDMI) Output".
For my other connection Internal Audio (ATI SB),
pavucontrol(Configuration) also showed "Analog Stereo Output"
instead of "Digital Stereo (IEC958) Output" for output to
an amplifier via optical cable. (The output was going to
the analog jacks instead of to the optical port.)