Linking negative karma points to a reported bug

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Jun 29 23:38:18 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-06-30 at 01:13 +0200, Till Maas wrote:

> Nevertheless it seems to be easy to workaround, for example by using the
> whiteboard as an additional way to propose blocker/NTH bugs. It should
> even be possible to write an additional service that scans for bugs with
> the respective whiteboard field and adding the bug to the respective
> tracker bug.

The problem with the whiteboard field is it's too vulnerable to error:
you can typo easily, and anyone putting anything else there can
intentionally or inadvertently overwrite what anyone else has put in it.
It's such a fragile field I'm never happy relying on it...even using it
for accepted/rejected status as we do now was meant to be a stopgap.

Adjusting the process for nominating blockers is a legitimate way out of
the problem, of course, but I don't think using the whiteboard field is
a good alternative. Any other ideas? :)