Release criterion proposal: upgrade methods

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Wed Oct 3 14:10:18 UTC 2012

On Mon, 1 Oct 2012 08:21:13 -0600
Tim Flink <tflink at redhat.com> wrote:
> It sounds like we're pretty much OK with these release criteria
> changes
> - if there are no objections, I'll make the wiki changes later tonight
>   or tomorrow morning.

There was some concern about the interpretation of 'or' in the criteria
that we accepted in the QA meeting on Monday, so I propose a slightly
different wording to make the intent a bit more clear

For beta:

"It must be possible to successfully complete an upgrade from a
fully updated installation of the previous stable Fedora release
with any release blocking package set ('minimal' or any release-blocking
desktop environment), using any officially recommended upgrade
mechanism. The upgraded system must meet all release criteria."

For final:

"It must be possible to successfully complete an upgrade from a
fully updated installation of the previous stable Fedora release
with any release blocking package set ('minimal' or any release-blocking
desktop environment), using all officially recommended upgrade
mechanisms. The upgraded system must meet all release criteria."

Any thoughts?

Tim