Fedora 18 Beta Test Compose 1 (TC1) Available Now!

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Oct 4 22:49:12 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 04, 2012 at 09:57:42AM -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:

> Netinstall on VirtualBox, choosing minimal installation, failed to boot for
> me, hanging at reached multi-user target. I could boot in single user mode.
>
> Some improvements---grub much easier to edit now (might be a virtualbox
> issue there) at boot, the problems with no /etc/sysconfig/network and
> /sys/config/network-scripts/ifcfg-<interface> are fixed.
>
> Obviously, the not being able to boot is a problem, but only tried on one
> machine in VirtualBox with a so-so host and I didn't investigate very hard,
> I was actually more interested in seeing if the /etc/sysconfig networking
> stuff had been fixed.

The TC2 is much better, seems to have fixed most things that were bothering
me.  Netinstall, minimal.  Can now boot into multiuser mode, my only
nitpick is that time defaults to local and there doesn't seem a way to
choose during installation--Ubuntu does the same thing, though they choose
to set it to UTC.  (That is, no way to choose during install with Ubuntu).

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: What do you feel?
Anya: Upset, afraid of being without you, and a little hungry.
Xander: I meant about the house.
Anya: Oh. Still haunted.