Fedora 18 Beta Test Compose 1 (TC1) Available Now!

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Fri Oct 5 00:08:02 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 04, 2012 at 04:49:25PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:

> On Thu, 2012-10-04 at 18:49 -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
> > >
> > > stuff had been fixed.
> >
> > The TC2 is much better, seems to have fixed most things that were bothering
> > me.  Netinstall, minimal.  Can now boot into multiuser mode, my only
>

> > nitpick is that time defaults to local and there doesn't seem a way to
> > choose during installation.
>

> I think it's supposed to default to UTC, but I'm not 100% sure. Unless
> you did a UEFI install? I read some rumblings that in the UEFI spec,
> system clock is _required_ to run on local time, not UTC. Which seems
> batshit crazy, but hey.

I definitely didn't do anything special to make it a UEFI--I doubt
VirtualBox, which is what I used for the install, does so.

At least one other person mentioned it on the forums, but note that I
haven't done any real investigation or testing (such as multiple installs,
installing on a physical machine already set to UTC), and so on.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Giles: What are you doing?
Willow: Oh. Sorry. The reflection thing that you don't have...Angel,
how do you
shave?