F18 TC3 No Logout Option?: Channeling Wonko the Sane

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Wed Oct 10 19:50:42 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-10-10 at 15:03 -0400, Kamil Paral wrote:

> I have to say I agree with you. They create too much complexity (which will be broken by definition) to create a tiny simplification. This is an example of overkill.

No.  This BS has gone on long enough.  Fedora is pretty much the only
major distro shipping GNOME3 anyway so at some point handwaving about
'upstream' doesn't cut it.  When does Fedora say that enough is enough?

Besides, I haven't bothered to check but who wants to take bets that the
genius who submitted this broken idea has @redhat.com on the end of
their email address?  This blame reflection game was old a year ago.
Most of these guys are all in the same cubefarm but Fedora users aren't
allowed to object because gnome is 'upstream' and RH doesn't listen,
GNOME has an explicit policy to ignore end users so who the heck is
responsible?

So if the only choice for Fedora is to take GNOME from upstream 'as-is'
or to not take it then so be it.  Personally I think the only reaction
left is a general call to simply remove GNOME as the default desktop
environment in Fedora and thus to reject any changes from the GNOMEs
that impact the new default.  Can I get a second?