kernel: Request for unknown module key

John.Florian at dart.biz John.Florian at dart.biz
Tue Oct 16 12:36:43 UTC 2012

> From: Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com>
> On Mon, 2012-10-15 at 08:51 -0400, John.Florian at dart.biz wrote:
> > > From: Carl G <carlg at fedoraproject.org>
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > You should consult https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Secureboot
> >
> > Okay, that page certainly sounds like a good start, but it seems short
> > on some details.  My custom spin uses only Fedora-provided boot
> > components, kernel and modules, yet I still get these messages.  Just
> > before livecd-creator reaches the %post of my kickstart, I see these:
> >
> > Missing EFI file (/boot/efi/EFI/*/shim.efi)
> > Missing EFI file (/boot/efi/EFI/*/gcdx64.efi)
> > Missing EFI file (/boot/efi/EFI/*/fonts/unicode.pf2)
> > Failed to copy EFI files, no EFI Support will be included.
> > Missing shim.efi, skipping efiboot.img creation.
> >
> > So maybe I'm just missing some new required things in my kickstart?
>
> Though Josh cleared up the issue and these messages weren't related, I
> thought I'd cover those too, just in case anyone else is seeing them and
> wondering: you'd need to have grub2-efi in your kickstart to make those
> go away. The only effect of not having it is that the image generated
> will have no UEFI support, it'll work fine in all other respects.
>
> Note that you also need livecd-creator 18.12 to get viable UEFI live
> images with the current F18 package set, as some files that earlier
> livecd-creator versions looked for were relocated or removed in other
> packages .

Thanks Adam for that additional info.  I'm going to add that to my
kickstart even though I don't have EFI hardware to support, not so much to
quiet the noise but more because I have the unenviable job of making a
spin that will ideally work on hardware we don't own yet or may not even
be manufactured yet.

--
John Florian