[criteria update] Package set

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 15:47:08 UTC 2012

On 09/06/2012 01:02 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" (johannbg at gmail.com) said:
>> On 09/06/2012 09:40 AM, Kamil Paral wrote:
>>> Johann, I don't really understand your point. The term 'default package set' no longer exists in Fedora 18.
>>>
>> Unless yum "groups" have been removed in F18 I dont see how the term
>> "default package set" can no longer exist and no longer apply...
> $ grep "<default>" comps-f18.xml.in | sort -u
>      <default>false</default>
>
> There is no 'default'; you must choose something. (If you do text mode or
> kickstart, the default is minimal.)

Which is irrelevant since we use yum groups and what's defined in them
as "default package set" ( along with mandatory ) as the bases to test,
create test and build criteria upon.

And we dont ( thou Red Hat's BRNO team seem to think it's a greate idea
) mess with criteria in the middle of the release process ( Unless it's
absolutely necessary which is rarely the case ) we do so *after* GA has
been pushed out door, then we revisit the process and adapt, adjust
accordingly to what experience the last release cycle has given us.

JBG