[criteria update] Package set

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Thu Sep 6 17:47:41 UTC 2012

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" (johannbg at gmail.com) said:
> On 09/06/2012 01:02 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> >>>
> >>Unless yum "groups" have been removed in F18 I dont see how the term
> >>"default package set" can no longer exist and no longer apply...
> >$ grep "<default>" comps-f18.xml.in | sort -u
> >     <default>false</default>
> >
> >There is no 'default'; you must choose something. (If you do text mode or
> >kickstart, the default is minimal.)
>
> Which is irrelevant since we use yum groups and what's defined in
> them as "default package set" ( along with mandatory ) as the bases
> to test, create test and build criteria upon.

Perhaps I'm not being clear.

There *are no more groups that are installed by default*. Yes, the groups
exist, and are used in the installer to help define things that can be
installed, but none of them are selected by default any more in an
interactive installation. In the interactive install, a choice must be made
by the user.

The 'default' setting I refer to above in the grep is the default setting
*for the groups*, and it's off for everything. There is no more single 'default
package set'; each live spin has its own package set, and each installation
choice has its own package set.

Bill