libvirt in F18?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Sep 11 19:27:53 UTC 2012

On 2012-09-11 9:50, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 11/09/12 17:26, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Frank Murphy <frankly3d at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=352485
>>
>> Yes, this is where I downloaded the RPMs from.  But this just means
>> that someone built the packages.  It's a separate step to submit
>> them
>> as an update for F18 at this point.
>>

> It was created on the 7th Sept.,
> Unlikely it would have made it to updates-testing,
> let alone updates.
>
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2012-August/171154.html

Things can go to updates-testing just fine at present. freeze only
means they can't go to 'stable'.

Unless there's some reason why not which hasn't been stated so far, I'd
say libvirt team should submit the new build as an update. As a previous
poster said, that'd mean that both the 'stable' and updates-testing
package sets would be working properly.