Release criterion proposal: upgrade methods

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 17:43:17 UTC 2012

On 09/24/2012 05:20 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> is extremely vague and really gave no one in the project (this affects
> all groups, really, not just QA) an understanding that things like 'no
> more root password by default' and 'completely different upgrade system'
> were coming. Some of that information might have been buried somewhere
> inhttps://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/UX_Redesign  , but I'd really
> expect the feature page to be more detailed and organized, I don't think
> regular Fedorans should be expected to dig into the background
> documentation for any given feature to understand broadly what it
> involves.
>
> It's easy to point fingers, but I think FESCo might want to take a
> lesson from this newUI process for future releases and that lesson
> should be that major disruptive features should have_much_  better and
> more definite feature pages.

I would be happy to have a single finger point me to the discussion that
took place when that decision was made.

The main problem I have is that we weren't even included in the
discussion so we could not even properly prepare for it to be officially
supported.

Today it matters less since we are a bit better prepare I just hope that
they have gather some input from the front line ( #fedora ) on how the
upgrade process has been turning out for people, What have been the
major issue people have had etc. to take into account when developing
the new upgrade process that is as you have pointed extremely vague and
to be honest I'm a bit vary of given Anconda's rough start this
development cycle to me this news is coming as a bit of surprise.

JBG