F20 screen lock freezes

Mateusz Marzantowicz mmarzantowicz at osdf.com.pl
Mon Nov 25 09:07:59 UTC 2013

On 25.11.2013 08:45, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Occasionally (and that makes it very hard to reproduce), after I had been AFK I try
> to log in to GNOME Shell again, but I'm unable to open the screen lock to get to the
> password prompt. All that's left is to switch to a VC and kill X. I've tried killing
> gnome-shell, but that doesn't lead to anything.
>
> What could be the cause? Which bugzilla component to choose?

I confirm, I'm also affected by this issue. It happens to me when I log
in as another user and try to log in, back to my first account. It
doesn't matter if I log out or just switch. I'm using SSSD and all this
accounts are not local but in IPA database (in case it matters). I can
workaround this issue doing similar thing as OP but nicely - systemctl
restart gdm.service :-) System logs doesn't show anything useful.

Mateusz Marzantowicz