F20 screen lock freezes

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Nov 25 17:55:27 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-11-25 at 08:45 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Occasionally (and that makes it very hard to reproduce), after I had been AFK I try
> to log in to GNOME Shell again, but I'm unable to open the screen lock to get to the
> password prompt. All that's left is to switch to a VC and kill X. I've tried killing
> gnome-shell, but that doesn't lead to anything.
>
> What could be the cause? Which bugzilla component to choose?

gnome-shell would be the one I'd go with - Shell does its own screen
locking these days.

I think I've read about this being caused by Shell crashing condition
while it's locked / when you go to unlock, but IIRC they put a change in
3.10 that was supposed to 'fix' that. So maybe this isn't the same
thing.