Update criteria change and proposal

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Sep 19 00:48:33 UTC 2013

For those who weren't present at today's blocker review meeting -
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-blocker-review/2013-09-18/ - we
agreed to change the Alpha criteria to require only console updating to
work, and move the requirement for graphical updating to work to Beta or
later.

I have updated the Alpha criteria already:

https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Fedora_20_Alpha_Release_Criteria&diff=353642&oldid=352247

and I hereby propose the following change for Beta:

https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=User:Adamwill/Draft_beta_criteria_sandbox&diff=353645&oldid=353643

it's pretty straightforward, it just uses the same wording we used to
have at Alpha with obvious tweaks. Upshot is simply that the requirement
for graphical updating to work is moved from Alpha to Beta, as we
basically agreed at the meeting.

The test case page would be updated to link to both criteria.

Comments, suggestions etc welcome, as this is a straightforward change,
if no-one objects I'll put it into production pretty soon. Thanks!