Fedora/Gnome3 : Display Problem on my hardware.

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Fri Dec 12 20:18:39 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-12-12 at 23:52 +0530, Madhurjya Roy wrote:
> Thank you for the response!
>
> As a high school student, I'm no expert in the department but
> shouldn't it be actually a GNOME3 shell bug, considering the fact
> that the same driver worked when used with other DEs?

Likely not. As I wrote, it's most likely just that GNOME is exercising
rendering paths the other desktops aren't. It uses OpenGL rather more
in desktop rendering than most desktops do.

You can certainly choose to file a bug against a GNOME component if
you like (I'd guess either gnome-shell, mutter, or clutter), I just
suspect it'd get pinged around a couple of components and then they'd
wind up telling you file a graphics driver bug...