Fedora/Gnome3 : Display Problem on my hardware.

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri Dec 12 20:49:50 UTC 2014

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 11:52:10PM +0530, Madhurjya Roy wrote:
> Thank you for the response!
>
> As a high school student, I'm no expert in the department but
> shouldn't it be actually a GNOME3 shell bug, considering the fact that
> the same driver worked when used with other DEs?
>
> And if indeed, it's a driver problem, then the problem should lie
> within AMD's main codebase. That'd explain the fact that even the
> proprietary drivers couldn't resolve the issue.
>
> I'm also wondering if the problem is in anyway associated with some
> AMD CPUs in general! One of my friends, also noticed some occasional
> minor distortions on his Debian (GNOME) system running an AMD Athlon
> x64 4600+ processor with an old nVidia nForce integrated GPU.

In that case it's not an AMD/ATI graphics processor, it's NVIDIA.
I've been running AMD CPUs with NVidia graphics cards for years
and haven't encountered such problems (though I have to admit that
I can't stand Gnome-3.x and use it only long enough to install Mate.)
I have, otoh, run Gnome-2.x on those systems for all those years and
can't say I've ever seen any such problem on them.

Fred
--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us ----------------------------
                    Do you not know? Have you not heard?