F21-beta issues with NetworkManager and tunX

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 21 21:44:45 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-11-19 at 09:52 -0500, Adrian - wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Did a fresh install of Fedora 21 beta via boot.iso (essentially, so not a Workstation flavour).
>
> Transferred my F20 configuration over, to the best of my ability, this involved:
> - removing /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-* and moving my networking to be controlled by NetworkManager

Um. Why did you think you need to do this? NM controls networking on
Fedora installs by default for several releases. It
uses /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-* as a configuration source -
the presence of these files does not indicate that you're not using
NetworkManager, they are perfectly valid configuration for NM.

I can't answer your ultimate question, but I think this possibly
unnecessary step may be muddying the waters a bit.