Announcing: template-driven validation test result page generation

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 23 18:34:46 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-09-23 at 10:14 -0600, Mike Ruckman wrote:

> Awesome! That makes it *way* easier to create/update the matrices. I tweaked
> the cloud test matrix a bit - but yeah, it'll work great for the cloud stuff.
>
> Thanks for putting it together!

Thanks :) No problem. I guess I could have emphasized a bit harder one
nice byproduct of this which you mentioned - updating the actual test
matrices (the actual tables) for a given test type is kind of cleaner
now, because the tables themselves with no surrounding gumph are
templates now, the ones in this category:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:QA_test_matrix_templates

so for e.g. if you want to edit the table for installation test events,
you can just edit the page
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Template:Installation_test_matrix and
trust that future install test events will pick up your change. If you
want the change to appear in an already-existing test page you'll have
to edit that page too, but all event pages created in future should pick
up the change.

This was already more or less the case before, but the "template" page
had a lot of other bits on it which made it less clear, I guess.