Announcing: template-driven validation test result page generation

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 24 06:16:53 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-09-22 at 20:22 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:

> I have vague plans to write a little script using one or other of the
> zillion python mediawiki interfaces out there that would make creating
> the pages and handling the categories for a new TC/RC build a one-line
> operation. If I don't get distracted by something else shiny in the
> meantime!

Hey, lookit that, I did it:

https://www.happyassassin.net/cgit/relval/

relval creates release validation event pages. Right now that's all it
does. Pass it a few parameters and you get a set of release validation
pages, whee.

It's tested and it works, but I'm sure you can point out silly things
about it (feel free). I'm still working on tweaking it and adding a few
bits, like Rawhide page generation and category fixing.

If you want to play with it, please pass --test : this will cause the
page to be created in the staging instance of the wiki, at
https://stg.fedoraproject.org/wiki , instead of the production one.

By default it doesn't create a page if it already exists (note, even
empty pages are considered to 'exist', only ones that have never yet
been created will pass this test). --force will force creation of an
already-existing page - obviously, use with care (though it doesn't
matter much with --test).

./relval compose --release 21 --milestone Beta --compose TC1 --testtype
Base --username adamwill --test