Screen resolutions

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 14 01:05:20 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-04-13 at 10:18 +0100, Russel Winder wrote:

> journalctl -b creates a seemingly infinite amount of data. I guess I
> should
> curtail or filter this somehow. I am not really up on journalctl,
> I'm
> afraid I wimped out and run rsyslng so logcheck and logwatch still
> work.

-b gives all the log messages from the current boot, so exactly how
much there is depends on how long you leave the system running. It's
not really *that* huge when you stick it in a file, and some kernel
messages may be useful when debugging this sort of thing as well as
the X messages, so I figured I'd just mention the command. But
something like " | grep gdm-x-session" should find the X logs.