Annoying bug in NM1.0.0-8

Dan Mossor danofsatx at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 20:57:01 UTC 2015

On 04/19/2015 02:21 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 9:20 AM, Dan Mossor <danofsatx at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Greetings, folks.
>>
>> I and at least one other individual have noticed an annoying bug with
>> NetworkManager-1.0.0-8.fc22.x86_64 but we aren't sure of the root cause so
>> we can't legitimately file a BZ on it yet. The issue we're seeing is that
>> with a fully updated Fedora 22 Beta system, once NM is in operation for a
>> bit it starts to loose connectivity. Not total connectivity, but partial.
>
> I'm having the same experience, which is sometimes networking works
> for some thing some of the time sometimes. Google searches work,
> logging in to sites like outlook.com works, but then hangs when email
> is to be downloaded or sent. If I reboot the same hardware to OS X the
> problems don't happen. If I reboot Fedora 22, it might be fixed for a
> short while, or it might misbehave right away. I can't figure out the
> pattern.

I've rebooted this machine many, many times due to unrelated kded5
crashes, but the problem has not once gone away since it appeared.

I've noticed something else,also - I can't get F22 to see my wired
interface to compare with wireless to see if I can narrow it down some
more. The GUI applet simply won't activate the interface, and nmcli
tells me

"Error: Connection activation failed: Connection 'Home' is not available
on the device enp4s0 at this time."

So, I seem to have a multitude of issues, the core component of which
seems to be NetworkManager.

--
Dan Mossor
Systems Engineer at Large