Fedora QA subproject status report for council (in June)

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Apr 20 17:48:03 UTC 2015

Whoo, beta is (almost) out the door — time for congratulations and
thanks to all of the QA team (and hopefully a nice deep breath).

I'm looking at planning future meetings for the Fedora Council, and one
thing we'd like to have is regular status reports from various
subprojects. (This, it turns out, is even part of the _definition_ of a
Fedora subproject, although in practice I don't think it's really been
happening, if it ever did.)

The idea is to have one group report monthly, with a prepared
slideshow. It doesn't need to be long or very formal, but something
more organized than an unstructured chat. It'd cover:

  - the current state of the subproject
  - future plans
  - things the team needs from the rest of the project
    - any blockers we can help unblock
    - big resource requests?

and I'm hoping to experiment with doing these as recorded video
sessions. (See
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/council-discuss/2015-April/013298.html)
for more background and discussion.)

Is anyone from QA interested and willing to volunteer? There's an open
slot in the plan on June 8th, which, fingers crossed and knock on wood
and all of the superstitions, will be after the F22 release.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>