Troubles with outdated PO files.

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 13:09:27 UTC 2010

I wanted also finish my translations, but TX from 10 attempt 8 times
just answers only that the file are unreachable. If I would like to
have the latest POT files, it's just impossible.... I have
successfully uploaded several of my trranslations through TX, but it
took LOOONG time till the UI answered that somekind of error happened
and apologized.... BTW - if TX doesn't see the POT files - through git
I could access them?

2010/10/25 Jesús Franco <tezcatl at fedoraproject.org>:
> I'm having troubles pushing my changes vía git. I've struggled the
> whole night learning how to sync our language (Spanish) po's with
> updated POTs I was waiting for "someone else" to do that because i was
> fear to broke something. Now i've achieved update with publican the
> PO's, but now i just have the slooooow and buggy transifex interface
> and my changes aren't in just a file with minor fixes, but a lot of
> fixes in several files, strings untranslated and so.
>
> I just can't understand how is Spanish counted as 100% translated if
> we are playing with outdated release notes ;)
>
> Also, publican complains a lot about files without PO strings, having
> checked every file has translations.
>
> And, i'm not able to build the proofread copy since i've updated the
> PO's with Publican. In file Xorg.xml stills complaining about
> unrecognized <screen> element as children of <para> just at the bottom
> of the strings. I've tried to found what i'm doing wrong looking at
> other languages Xorg.po files but i can't see any difference (except
> the language, of course).
>
> However, below xml_tmp/Xorg.xml it's rendered different by publican:
>
> at other languages building succesfully his html's, Xorg.xml has the
> <screen> element starting at a new line separated from his father
> element <para>. Just in spanish the <screen> is sticked at the same
> line as <para> and always publican stop building the target files
> there.
>
> I was having troubles with multibyte characters at others files, but
> i've fixed on the file itself, and publican just stills complaining
> about the "unrecognized" <screen> children.
>
> --------
> Trying to workaround:
>
> I've uploaded the Spanish PO files to this URL:
>
> http://tezcatl.fedorapeople.org/stage/release-notes_es-ES.tar.gz
>
> I'd be very thankful if you could take a look and merge the
> translations.
>
> I uploaded the list of errors publican is printing
> http://fpaste.org/xAXO/
>
> ----
>
> I hope this could help, or someone can help me.
> Now i'm going to poke my fellow translators, maybe they have more
> ideas.
>
> Jesús Franco
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Tezcatl

PGP:  06853DF7