it's migration time. What about Fedora Docs ?

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Wed Mar 2 11:25:13 UTC 2011

Hi!

> Wiki is uneasy to translate, there is no useful tool such as Poedit,
> Lokalize etc. to do the work offline.

In fact, TranslateWiki (TW) extension [1] offers PO export and import capabilities. KDE uses this extension to translate UserBase [2] documentation. It is very easy to use. Online translation memory is also included.

BTW, translation memory is not very efficient for docs translation. Moreover, Tx.net does not offer this at all by now.

> It is also hard to know that if the source language has been updated
> or not without notification.

It can be easily handled by RSS or Atom feed (the news on updates can be read right from your desktop). Very handy.

I do not like the idea of wiki documentation much, because it breaks my workflow, but it is already broken by migration. So it can be vital solution.

Best regards,
Yuri

[1] http://translation.wikia.com/wiki/TranslateWiki:Main_Page
[2] http://userbase.kde.org/