New FAS release next week

Richard E. van der Luit erech03 at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 31 09:21:28 UTC 2012

Op 30-01-12 20:42, Toshio Kuratomi schreef:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 03:32:01PM +0100, Richard E. van der Luit
> wrote:

>>> Simplified Chinese FAS po has been 100% translated. But there
>>> are some untranslated words when I change the language to zh_CN
>>> on: https://admin.stg.fedoraproject.org/accounts/ .
>>>
>> Same here for Dutch 100% translated strings, i.e. - - in left
>> menu it still says "Group List" and "Join a Group". - - at
>> 'Types' when looking at groupmembers it says "administrator
>> sponsor user Alles" only the last word is Dutch, and is a single
>> string "All" -> lowercase 'administrator', 'sponsor' and 'user'
>> as a single translation string does not exist.
>>
> Thanks!  I've marked these for translation and also found:
>
> * "Create New Group" * "Create Group" * "Apply!" [Button text] *
> "Add" [button text] * "change" * "No ssh key provided" * "Account
> Information Public" * "Account Information Private"
>

> Also note, I've discovered that the fas plugins (currently, only
> yubikey) aren't being translated.  It looks like I may have to work
> on the code that loads message catalogs as well as the code that
> extracts messages before that will work.
>
> If you find any other strings that aren't available for
> translation, let me know what the English strings are and I'll find
> them in the source and mark them for translation.
>
> -Toshio

'Welcome [username]' right upper corner still english.

Another thing is, i noticed that at 'Invite a New Member' an email is
created with an invitation text, which is currently a translation
string in FAS. Although this string is unexpectedly not in Dutch if
you click the 'Invite a New Member' link, the question it raises is:
should it be localized anyway? Probably a group would be formed with
people of many nationalities, invite members in exclusively your own
languish may be not so handy, translating the localized text back to
english for the occasion even less.
What do you think?
regards
Richard