bittorrent freezes the system

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Tue May 9 00:19:51 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 15:30 -0300, Josenildo Marques wrote:
> Hello !
> I'm running FC5 and it is regularly updated. The thing is bittorrent is
> freezing the whole system and I have to restart the machine. I would
> appreciate any pointers so that I can solve this problem.

Hi - I use to have bittorrent issues as well - when I was directly
connected to the internet.

Now that I have a broadband router between me and the internet -
bittorrent no longer causes any issues.

I have no freaking clue what the difference is - the router is set to
port forward bittorrent to the box I use for my torrents - but now, it
no longer suffers performance wise when running bittorrent.

I wasn't having system freezes, just an extremely sluggish system.
For whatever reasons, having the router between me and the cable modem
instantly and magically solved it.