SELINUX

Patrick Dupre pd520 at york.ac.uk
Mon Aug 30 12:12:14 UTC 2010

Hello,

Trying to install the intel compiler, I get:
Your system is protected with Security-enhanced Linux (SELinux).
We currently support only "Permissive" mode, which is
not found on the system.
To rectify this issue, you may either disable SELinux by
        - setting the line "SELINUX=disabled" in your
/etc/sysconfig/selinux file
        - adding "selinux=0" kernel argument in lilo.conf or grub.conf
files
or make SELinux mode adjustment by
        - setting the line "SELINUX=permissive" in your
/etc/sysconfig/selinux file
or ask your system administrator to make SELinux mode adjustment.

Would ou just turn off SELINX ?
I know I need to learn about SELinux !

Thank.

--
---
  Patrick DUPRÉ                      |   |
  York YO10 5DD  United Kingdom      |   |    email: pd520 at york.ac.uk