no sound from external speakers

Ben Miller wheelscribe at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 22:07:17 UTC 2010

Hello,

This is my first post to the list, and I've searcehd the list archives
and the usual places for an answer to this problem, but haven't found
one. I'm running a brand new installation of F12 on a Compaq/HP laptop.
At first, sound was coming out of the laptop speakers and only through
external speakers if I turned the volume very loud. And then it didn't
play out through the subwoofer. In an attempt to fix this, I upgraded
ALSA drivers to the most recent version. Now, I get nothing from my
external speakers. My sound card is: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9
Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03). Any help is much appreciated.

== Ben