Gnome3 and Cursor Movements

Patrick Lists fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 3 13:48:42 UTC 2011

Hi Steve,

On 08/03/2011 03:17 PM, Steve Underwood wrote:
E.g. I *assume* the need to hit an exact pixel to be able to grab
> the edge of a window and resize it is a bug, and nobody thought that was
> a sane design.

Afaik the 1px "edge grab area" was a deliberate design decision. Guess
the developer who came up with that decision has a 9billion dpi mouse a
pretty steady hand and too much time. Users have been quite vocal about
this and it even made a shortlist with GNOME 3 annoyances. Last I read
they are trying to fix it so with a little luck and patience we should
see it in F16.

Another one of those "fine" decisions is that the Delete key to erm
delete a file in e.g. Nautilus no longer works. Instead you need to use
Ctrl+Del. If you want to change that have a look at the Arch wiki which
is full of excellent information how to slap some sense into GNOME 3:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GNOME_3

Regards,
Patrick