Did DBAN miss something, & "Linux Filtering-PackageSafe", & Build huge files of the trusted websites, & "Preferred safe-bundles"..?

charles zeitler cfzeitler at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 22:19:53 UTC 2011

Do what thou wilt
shall  be the whole  of the Law.

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 10:10 PM, Linda McLeod <lindavaldeen at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> To too:   support at dban.org, webmaster at mozilla.org,
> sparks at fedoraproject.org, and here..
>
> __________
>

> Topic:   Did DBAN miss something, &  "Linux Filtering-PackageSafe", &
> Build huge files of the trusted websites, &  "Preferred safe-bundles"..?
>
> ________
>

> I just completed a new install of Fedora-14..  When Google first came up
> on the screen, the Google logo was missing, like what I normally set it
> at with no-script ASAP on every new install..  but I had DBAN'd the hd,
> and hadn't reset no-script, so there shouldn't have been any trace of
> previous configurations..  But there was..?  Why and How..?
> Unless the hd is "reading my mind for required prefs"..?
> Does this mean DBAN is now being blocked from performing total-format..?

did you run dban from a seperate disk (cd or dvd)?
or within an installed system?

> In another light.. is there a "bubble program", that can wrap a
> troublesome program in a "balloon-security room", to detect and
> log-report on, and/or lock everything to and from the encapsulated
> software package..?  Is there a "Linux Filtering-PackageSafe"..?  Is
> there such a thing as a file's "custom firewall-room"..?

sounds like you want a 'sandbox' . i'm not familiar with these (there
is a SElinux sandbox)

> __________
>

> Why not build huge files of the trusted websites.. bundled to each
> subject.. for sleepy users to lock their browser into, to avoid
> ape-world's misgivings, in its perpetual punishing the kind world, for
> their personal & personale misgivings undt zins..?

should i trust the sites you trust?
should you trust the sites i trust?

> How many FireFox add-ons link to government xdata-collection
> facilities..?
> Is there a safe-list?..  preferred safe-bundles..?

unsafe wherever you go.

charles zeitler

--

Love is the law, love under will.