Help with NetworkManager

j.e.aneiros jesus.aneiros at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 20:23:05 UTC 2011

Hi,

I hope this is the right place for posting this question.

I'm trying to perform an installation using kickstart and I having a hard
time trying to disable NetworkManager during the time previous to the real
installation, it says it is trying to configure eth0.

I'm using a CDROM based installation with a kickstart file on a USB memory.
The line I'm typing for the kernel is as follows:

linux ks=hd:sdb1:/ks.cfg

I also tried

linux ks=hd:sdb1:/ks.cfg nonet noipv6

But still getting the timeout popup message.

I don't want any human intervention during the install, besides putting the
CD in and taking it out.

I need to have the network configured to access the machine via ssh after
the reboot. All this is intended for remote install purposes in several
machines.

Any suggestion will be of help.

Thanks in advance.

--