Can't run Software Update since upgrade

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri Jul 15 18:25:16 UTC 2011

On 07/13/2011 10:18 AM, Alan Evans wrote:
> This same thing happened yesterday and I found that I could do the
> update from a terminal with yum update. So I guess this isn't an
> absolute show-stopper, but the GUI app ought to work, I think. How
> should I begin troubleshooting this (like where should I go to
> *actually*  get more details)?

I stopped using the Software Updater years ago.  It would work Just Fine
to tell me I had updates, but when I tried to install them it would
insist that there wasn't a network connection.  I have yumex installed
and it works Just Fine.  (At one point, it too failed to find an
existing network connection, but I just disabled the check.  It doesn't
need to check, because I'd never try to use it if my DSL were down.)