Routing not working

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 14:02:22 UTC 2011

On Tue, 31 May 2011 09:29:09 -0400
Tom Horsley wrote:

> I haven't been able to get my USB wi-fi dongle working
> as an access point in f15 while doing all the exact same
> things I did in f14 (where it works perfectly).

Well, I finally got a change to try this, and nothing
I do to rp_filter (which seemed to have the same values
on f15 it has on f14 anyway) seems to have an effect.
I just can't get packets to do NAT routing when my
cellphone connects (at least that would explain my
symptoms). The phone connects, it talks to the DHCP
server and gets the expected IP addr in my private
subnet, but it can't talk to anyone else.

At this point I'm tempted to change the name of
the interface back to eth0 from the new em1 name
it gets in f15 just to see if maybe someone has
an eth0 hard coded somewhere :-).

Anyone have any pointers for debugging routing?
Anyone know of something that maybe changed in
this vicinity in f15?