Routing not working

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Wed Jun 1 14:24:11 UTC 2011

On 06/01/2011 10:02 AM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Tue, 31 May 2011 09:29:09 -0400
> Tom Horsley wrote:
>

> At this point I'm tempted to change the name of
> the interface back to eth0 from the new em1 name
> it gets in f15 just to see if maybe someone has
> an eth0 hard coded somewhere :-).
>
> Anyone have any pointers for debugging routing?
> Anyone know of something that maybe changed in
> this vicinity in f15?

  Mmm ... perhaps you could assemble more information for people to look
at ...

  I'd suggest the following to start with - for the system set up and
what you believe should be working. Then please explain exactly what is
not working (packets from where to where) and what you are trying to do
(in terms of the interfaces etc named below) - are you using ipv4 only
or is ipv6 in play too ?

  ifconfig
  iwconfig

  ip route
  ip addr show

  cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

  # you -may- at some point want to log martians but probably not yet
  for i in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/*/log_martians
  do
    echo 1 > $i
  done

  Also your relevant iptables rules could be important here too hold off
for the moment till people understand exactly what you're trying to do
with what interface and routing what to where.

  gene