Two elementary questions on LANs

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat Jun 18 22:15:38 UTC 2011

On 06/19/2011 01:56 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> It certainly wasn't written there,
> as I would have been even more certain to follow that advice.
> (I could conceivably have overlooked it in ifcfg-wlan0.)

OK, you've managed to confuse me again.....

I'm pretty sure I read you first say it was certainly not written in
ifcfg-wlan0.  Now you seem to be saying that you certainly didn't see it
in /etc/resolv.conf.  But.....

No matter....you seem to have a very weird system that acts totally
different from any properly configured system I have running.  And as
you've said, all is running as you like it now.  Hopefully, one of these
days, you'll have the time to recreate the failures and write some
bugzilla tickets so this can be tracked down and fixed to save the next
person from a headache.