Comparison of Desktop Environments in F15?

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Sun May 15 16:28:22 UTC 2011

On 05/15/2011 12:13 PM, James McKenzie wrote:

> That is true.  Like many here, I wish that the GNOME folks had forked
> off GNOME3 and left GNOME2 available.  However, the source should be
> available to all and you are always free to maintain/update/make
> 'better' this software yourself.  That is another advantage of FOSS
> projects.

  But likely to not be terribly successful - you're much better off
throwing resources into an existing active project (whether its Gnome
3/shell, KDE, unity, lxde, etc etc).

  Picking up discards outside the old restaurant, has not had a good
history for starting a new restaurant :-) ... in software or the food
business ...