F15 Gnome desktop lockups anybody?

KC8LDO kc8ldo at arrl.net
Fri May 27 22:04:12 UTC 2011

I just built a new i7-870 box to use with Linux. The F15 installation went
fine. However after using the desktop for some minutes it locked up tight.
Even the mouse quit working. Reinstalled without using the hardware specific
video driver. Seemed to work OK for a while then locked tight when I went to
look at the system utilities menu window.

I gave up messing with it and I'm trying F14 now. See how that works. not
sure if I have a hardware issue or not.

Anybody else had the Gnome 3 desktop lockup on them under F15? If so is
there a fix?

Regards,

Lee