Fedora 64 bits

n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 at ntlworld.com
Thu Nov 10 12:14:08 UTC 2011

On 10/11/11 12:02, Miguel Cardenas wrote:
> Hello friends
>
> I just bought a notebook that comes with Win7 64bits, am going to
> replace the system with linux but I have some doubts...
>
> Currently am downloading Fedora 16 (tried Fedora 15 in my old laptop but
> prefer the latest fresh version) 64bit version, but can't remember where
> I read that the 64bit linux system sometimes has incompatibility
> problems with some drivers and applications and recommended to use the
> 32bits... Is it true? It has an AMD E-350 dual core processor... Anyway
> will try this one but want to know if there's something I should be
> aware of... I can still get the 32bit version in case of troubles...
>
> Thanks for any comment
>
> --
> Miguel Cardenas

  Most of the 64bit problems are fixed, so I doubt you'll have any
problems specific to 64bit implementation. Certainly I've been using
64bit Fedora on my laptop for ~2 years without problems due to 64bit.
More to the point 32bit implementations cannot handle more than 4Gb of
memory should you ever wish to have 4Gb or more memory.

HTH

cpp4ever