Fedora - time to blink

Ian Chapman packages at amiga-hardware.com
Sun Nov 27 14:47:05 UTC 2011

On 11/27/2011 05:56 AM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:

> KDE4.0 was released very early and it was underdeveloped at the time, which
> was considered stupid by a lot of users. But there were no mistakes in
> *design*, it just lacked configurability and features. This of course improved
> over time, and today it is arguably better than KDE3.5 has ever been.

There were no mistakes in design? That's all well and good but people
can't use a product that isn't there yet. I honestly don't understand
why there's a trend to drop an older version of a product, release a
next generation version which does *less* than the older version. And
they wonder why people bitch about it?

> In contrast, Gnome3 introduced some stuff (that most people here dislike) as a
> *design* *decision*, and they have no intention of changing it --- which is
> not something that is going to change so easily over time. I really wonder if
> anyone will ever persuade the Gnome3 devs to put back the Shutdown button
> where it belongs. ;-)

Or why I have to press Alt + RMB to pop up a menu on a panel in Gnome?
Seriously, WTF?

--
Ian Chapman.