Fedora - time to blink

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Nov 27 15:10:16 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-11-27 at 22:47 +0800, Ian Chapman wrote:
> why I have to press Alt + RMB to pop up a menu on a panel in Gnome?
> Seriously, WTF?

Gosh, gee, Gnome just don't understand the concept of a menu.  It's
supposed to present you with your list of choices, neatly categorised,
simply by looking at it.  Are they playing the easter egg game, where we
have to go around trying out various random key sequences to see what
might happen?

It's a dumb user interface that requires you to press keys as well as
use the mouse, to make use of a menu.  Quite apart from hiding things,
it's a usability issue from anyone who has trouble using both hands at
the same time.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686