how to bind single interface with more than one cpu

Benjamin benjo11111 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 16:15:42 UTC 2011

  Hi,

I tried to change value in interface interrupt's smp_afinity value

as per my understanding , smp_afinity values

1 for cpu0
2 for cpu1
4 for cpu2
  8 for cpu3
  that way cpu0+cpu1 = 1 + 2 = 3

so i set different values for test .but each time it only binds with
single cpu from cpu0 / cpu1 / cpu2 or cpu3.

i also start cpuspeed service and irqbalance --oneshot.

But same result.i am not able to use  more than 1 cpu for single interface.

Regards,
Benjo