GNOME 2 on Fedora 15

Julius Smith jos at ccrma.stanford.edu
Thu Sep 1 17:59:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 8:40 AM, Steve Underwood <steveu at coppice.org> wrote:
> On 08/31/2011 09:02 PM, Tim wrote:
>> On Tue, 2011-08-30 at 12:36 -0600, Julius Smith wrote:
>>> using the mouse is slow, so we need to be able to define a shortcut
>>> for everything.
>> And how are you going to remember them all?  Or have enough keys to give
>> everything a unique hotkey.

With the following I can get by without a mouse for a very long time
during "normal work":

Ctrl+Alt+E = emacs -geometry 80x50
Ctrl+Alt+S = emacs -sclang -geometry 80x50 ~/SC/tests.sc
Ctrl+Alt+C = google-chrome
Ctrl+Alt+T = terminal [replacing Alt+T which interferes with emacs]

I tried also to make one for system-preferences, but could not find
the app.  It doesn't seem to be one of the "system-config-*"
utilities, which surprised me. Can anyone tell me what it is?

Thanks
- jos

--
"Anybody who knows all about nothing knows everything" -- Leonard Susskind