F15: Worst. Update. Ever.

Bruce Korb bkorb at gnu.org
Thu Sep 1 23:44:31 UTC 2011

On 09/01/11 14:56, Darlene Wallach wrote:
[snip]
>> What I do is have a spare partition to install the new system to and I never do
>> a system upgrade
> When you verify the new install works, what do you do with the new
> install on the spare partition and the old install?

The "old" becomes the spare partition for the next upgrade?
It also becomes the place to go look for previous config
information when it turns out that there's something I missed.
It is also useful to have /home on a separate partition that
gets mounted from both installations....

Down side:  /home is still ext3.