Fedora 15 is a lot like Windows OS's.. irritating, offensive, difficult to use with ease, nauseating to try...

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Fri Sep 2 12:51:41 UTC 2011

On 09/02/2011 12:43 PM, Łukasz Jagiełło wrote:
> 2011/9/2 Amadeus W.M. <amadeus84 at verizon.net>:
>> But it's a sin to take something good - granted, possibly not perfect -
>> and turn it into something unusable for so many people. Why did the UI
>> have to change to something that looks and feels like a giant smart
>> phone? Integrated chat and messaging? Where did that come from? Thank God
>> you guys didn't integrate that into the kernel!
>>
>> I can't find much information about the gnome3 developers, but they must
>> be generation Facebook - it's the "stay connected" philosophy that I see
>> in gnome3. There's more to computing than that.
>>
>> I wish someone from the old guard found the time and energy to step up
>> and straighten things up. I know, I know, different times, different
>> priorities. The gnome2 UI was good, only the internals would have to be
>> changed as needed.
>
> Don't forget about people like me who really likes new gnome3. You
> want change distribution only cause you doesn't like new gnome3. Did
> you write all your problems at F-15 alpha stage or earlier stage when
> everything was possible to do ? Guess not

Fedora 15 is the first real outing for GNOME 3.  Most people, perhaps
understandably, don't want to spend much of their lives experimenting
with alpha operating systems just in case the developers do something
they don't like.  Clearly there are, for many people, severe usability
problems with GNOME 3.  I hope that the GNOME developers will make good
use of this feedback.

Andrew.