Fedora 15 is a lot like Windows OS's.. irritating, offensive, difficult to use with ease, nauseating to try...

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Fri Sep 2 13:44:14 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 01, 2011 at 04:29:59PM -0400, Digimer wrote:
> When Red hat 8 (original) came out, I hated Gnome and wanted
> Enlightenment back.
>
> When Windows 95 came out, I hated it's new UI and wanted 3.1 back.

Great points. If we didn't have change and innovation we'd all still be
using 80x25 monochrome text mode terminals.

> Things change, it's part of computers (and everything else). So when F15
> came out, I decided to let go of my old ways of working and try to
> understand the logic and flow of Gnome 3. Now I love it, and get
> frustrated back on Gnome2 machines.
>
> Also, Linux is all about choice. Gnome 3 is what it is. You are welcome
> to use KDE, XFCE, Ubuntu's Ubiquity or any one of the numerous other
> window managers and/or distros.

+1 to all of the above. The system is flexible enough that users can go
to another desktop environment, or mix and match what's there, without
giving up the whole OS.

If your work is completely tied to a single implementation of one version
of a desktop environment then I think you might be doing it wrong...

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/