Good hardware compatibility info?

Stefan Held obi at unixkiste.org
Fri Sep 2 19:33:03 UTC 2011

Am Freitag, den 02.09.2011, 12:40 -0400 schrieb Tom Horsley:

> I'm wondering about things like USB 3.0, sata 3.0,
> UEFI BIOS, Sandy Bridge, i7 processors, Intel HD 3000
> graphics, etc.

I am writing you this at the keyboard of a Asus Crosshair Formula V
Mainboard. It has all the fancy stuff like UEFI, SATA3, USB3.
For Fedora 15, the only noticeable problem is during the install
(DVD-Install) because the USB3 Module gets not loaded.

Doing a Live Image install is the better option here. ;)

Everything else works like a charm. Even the AMD Sata Raid is detected
without problems. Sensors work. ALC889 SPDIF Out is detected on the fly,
after the first boot every USB Port works like expected.

For i7 and Sandy Bridge i am pretty sure someone elsa has an answer ;)

--

Stefan Held                      VI has only 2 Modes:
obi unixkiste org                The first one is for beeping all the time,