Vote to extend F14 security updates

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 18:47:26 UTC 2011

On 5 September 2011 18:24, Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec at pomec.net> wrote:
> I agree, there are a lot of us that would like to extend F14.

This is impossible. Developers are already working at 100% just to try
and get F16 out of the door. If they have spare time, they try to do
F15 updates at the same time. I personally only will update F14 for
security updates now. If there were more people helping out with QA
and backporting patches then I'm sure most developers would let people
do the updates for them, but the reality is nobody is willing to do
the work. Backporting and _supporting_ newer packages in older
releases isn't a 5-minute a week thing, it's part of a full time job.

Richard.