Non-YouTube videos don't work in F15

Bob McClure Jr bob at bobcatos.com
Wed Sep 7 00:19:35 UTC 2011

A few weeks ago I upgraded from Fedora 13 to Fedora 15.  This was an
on-line upgrade (using preupgrade) not a fresh install.  Not
surprisingly, several things are broken.  This is an AMD Athlon 64
machine with 2GB of RAM.

Initially, I couldn't get any videos to work, but a web search led me
to a solution for YouTube videos so they are fine, but non-YouTube
videos come up with white or black screen and no controls, nada.  This
is while running Firefox.

What do I need to look for?

Cheers,
bob at bobcatos.com             http://www.bobcatos.com
"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under
heaven given to men by which we must be saved."  Acts 4:12 (NIV)