Non-YouTube videos don't work in F15

Bob McClure Jr bob at bobcatos.com
Wed Sep 7 20:46:49 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 01:38:21PM -0400, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Bob McClure Jr writes:
>
> >Okay, did all that.  Used the rc1 tarball from Adobe.  Now I can't see
> >the video portion of YouTube videos.  However I did notice something
> >that may be a clue.  While the video (sound only) is playing, I
> >clicked on the full-screen icon and a black screen came up with a
> >window title bar that says "GTK-Gnash", never no mind that in
> >Edit->Preferences->Applications I clicked on "Use Shockwave Flash".
> >Could it be that FF is locked into using Gnash regardless of what I
> >select?
>
> That's possible, so uninstall it.

Okay, so done.  Now when it tries to play a YT video, I get Adobe's
version of the BSOD that says "The Adobe Flash plugin has crashed."

Here are another couple of data points.  If I bring up YT with
Ephiphany, it plays them just fine.  AFAIK, the RC1 64-bit flash
player is the only one on the system.

If I try Konqueror, it reports I don't have a Flash plugin.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
bob at bobcatos.com             http://www.bobcatos.com
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to
give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the
hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.
1 Peter 3:15 (NIV)