Fedora 15 is a lot like Windows OS's.. irritating, offensive, difficult to use with ease, nauseating to try...

Thomas Dineen tdineen at ix.netcom.com
Wed Sep 7 23:55:33 UTC 2011

Gentle People:

     Some thoughts from the users prospective on feature innovation
  in the Fedora Project:

    BTW: I would overall like to congratulate the Fedora developers
for producing some pretty excellent software!

     However I do have some concerns about the direction of innovation and
changes to the Fedora Software.

      I would like to differentiate between what I feel are a) valuable
improvements
and b) worthless changes. Where I would (of course) like to discourage
( or even ban ) worthless changes.

    BTW: Many of these efforts are out dated but will still serve as
excellent
examples.

    Some examples of Valuable Improvements:
          - Adding support for IPv6, Wireless, VPNs, NAT, and Security,
etc.
          - Adding support for real time functions, real time graphic,
and multimedia.
          - Adding support for large or even huge file systems, Raid,
and so on.

    Some examples of Worthless Changes:
          - Changing the look and feel of the Graphical User Interface.
          - Changes that harm overall performance.
          - Moving the location of well known items in the menus.
          - Changing the look, feel, and operation of menu items.
          - Changing the function of menu items / mouse keys.

     Keeping in mind the the "Worthless Changes" seriously annoy the
user base.

Hope this helps.
Thomas Dineen